Sunday, March 30, 2008

Firefox Title Bar Anomaly?

I've always been using Portable Firefox for web browsing. It's fast and secure. It is also bundled with other cool portable apps.

A year ago, I decided to make my Firefox look like Internet Explorer courtesy of JohnHaller.com.

Everything's working the way it should be until two days ago. I noticed that the browser title bar got changed. It was supposed to look like this:









But what I'm seeing is:








Even its About page was altered















Other catchy terms include:
Mozilla Lightningadder
Mozilla Junglebeaver
Mozilla Turboape
Mozilla Junglebaboon
Mozilla Watermule
Mozilla Firepenguin
Mozilla Turbofinch
Mozilla Spacesquid
Mozilla Lightningcrane

and so on..

I find them funny and witty. But is this some kind of joke created by Mozilla itself? A hack? Security flaw? I tried googling for answers but couldn't find any. My only guess is that it got changed when I updated Firefox.

If you are experiencing this or if you know anything about this change, feel free to add your comments.

Btw, I'm using Firefox version 2.0.0.13

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.